|Write for Us
Thank you for your interest in becoming a contributing writer for the Little Acorn Learning guides and newsletter. We are
currently accepting submissions for our upcoming monthly enrichment ebooks and newsletters. To see a sample of our
enrichment books to get an idea of how submission should look, please visit our sample page to download a free week or
contact us for more information.
Our submissions guidelines are as follows:
- Submissions should be sent in a Word document with photos embedded within the document just as they should
appear within the ebook to our email. If we have trouble with the quality of your photos, we will contact you to send them
as an attachment separately.
- All photos should be of high quality and done in natural lighting whenever possible. Crafts are often photographed
better when done so near a source of natural light or even in the outdoors.
- All submissions should keep in mind our audience of waldorf-inspired parents, homeschoolers, teachers and others
who work with children in a holistic manner. Whenever possible we ask that you use natural and non-synthetic materials in
your supply lists. We also ask that submissions encourage a true love for the natural world and avoid the use of electronics
- Submissions targeting the caregiver and teacher are also of great value. It is our goal to help feed and develop the
adult’s soul in their work with children as well as providing activities for the children directly. Meditations, adult crafting,
homemaking, baking and self-help submissions are welcome.
- This is extremely important: ALL material sent to us must be your own original work. We take copyright laws very
seriously and you may not use other’s ideas, words, photos or material in any way. Songs, stories and recipes must also be
your own original creations.
- At the top of your Word Document, please include your name, title of the activity or submission, word count, photo
count and associated theme and week (i.e. June, Week One – Pirates & Treasures, Discovery). These ‘themes’ are provided
to you by Little Acorn Learning before you submit.
- High quality photos add significant value to your submission. A delicious recipe that is submitted without any photos
of the process and result would not yield as high a payment as one that did.
- If your piece is accepted, Little Acorn Learning reserves full, exclusive rights to the piece after you have been sent
payment. This means that you should not post the actual material or submission anywhere else for publication. We reserve
the right to also publish your piece in newsletters, websites and in future publications as fitting for promotional purposes.
You are more than welcome to promote the publication on your websites or blog and describe what your contribution was
along with one photo from the accepted submission.
- Accepted submissions receive a monetary stipend between $15-40 per contribution. The process of determining this
value is very complicated and does not only reflect the quality of the submission. Many things are taken into consideration
including budget, relevance, quality and our target end user’s needs. Please understand that even though a great amount of
work goes into submitting a piece to Little Acorn Learning, we are unable to accept them all. We encourage you to keep
- If your piece is not accepted for use in an ebook, it may be considered for use in our free newsletter. Newsletter
acceptance does not receive monetary payment but we will be happy to put a short biography with photo and link to a
website of your choice at the bottom of the submission.
- After all submissions have been reviewed, acceptance emails go out. Within that email you will see which piece has
been accepted and the monetary value you will be paid for it if you choose to continue with publication. You must respond
to that email within 24 hours for us to publish your work.
If you would like to submit something for our upcoming materials, please send us an email requesting our upcoming ebook
themes and deadlines. Please also include links to samples of your writings and work to be considered as a potential
contributor. You will then be added to a private facebook group to receive important updates.
|Join Our Mailing List|
|Copyright © 2011 Eileen Straiton - Little Acorn Learning
All rights reserved.
No portion of our e-books or website can be reprinted, copied or shared without the permission of Eileen Straiton of Little Acorn Learning.
E-books and website material may not be distributed to others via print, email or by any other means and is for the sole use of the original
purchaser for their work with children. Only our printed books that we offer through lulu.com CAN be resold and traded to others wishing to
purchase our materials at a reduced cost.
|"Our days have become full
of beautiful moments since
we found your site."
Read More Testimonials
|Little Acorn Learning
~Celebrating the Seasons with Children
Holistic, Nature-Based Learning for Children and The Caregivers Who Guide Them